sponsored by

© RW Baker
terms of use


History of Melkbos

Battle of Blaauwberg

The Damhuis

By 1924 Melkbosch Strand (as it was then known) consisted of the Damhuis (a Cape Dutch Homestead), a few holiday houses, a post office and a small shop. The first big expansion of Melkbos then occurred with the Cape Lands Development Company staking out 600 plots.